LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday 16 December, 2009

Australian Splendours

From EverGreen Tree




The very usage of the word ‘EXOTIC’ in my previous blog pervades my senses, reminding me of our recent trip to this EXOTIC Island Country, down under. It’s a word……I could put to good use, over n over again, just to describe ‘AUSTRALIA’ and its diverse Flora n Fauna.




The endless expanse of golden sand, coupled with the aqua blue colours of the boundless ocean is indeed a site to behold.



At this point of time, I am not even sure how and where to start reminiscing, while appreciating the many splendour’s of this beautiful.... Ah... EXOTIC country.


Opera House /  Harbour Bridge, Sydney



We visited Sydney,....... well known for its Magnificent Harbour Bridge n Opera House.

I loved the Sundial at Taronga Zoo,  the Cockatoo’s Visiting my Maasi’s Garden for their early morning feast, their family’s pet dog Afy; The Violet Flush of the Jacaranda Tree’s along the Road Side, the Scarlet Reds of the Bottle Brush, The replica of a Chinese Garden with its unmatched Pagoda’s and choicest display of Bonsai, A neighbor’s yard, the Sprawling Greens of the Countryside Ranch we crossed en route, some  Exotic Flowers and more………………..


The Sand, the Sea, the Surf ...
.... the Beaches ~ Balmoral, Bondi, Manly, Terrigal, Entrance n more.....


Thanx to both my Maasi’s, Uncle’s, and my cousins, who spared considerable time from their respective busy schedule’s, to take us all sight seeing around Sydney. I even got an opportunity to visit a local plant nursery, specializing in Camellia’s, Azalea’s, Magnolia’s, Maples n more…. just before leaving Sydney for Cairns.




Video 2.mpg : 1min Clipping

 At Cairns, while visiting the Tjapukai - Aborginal Cultural park, it felt like being transported back in time, watching the various stage performances by the Aborigines where they were enacting a local Hunting Scene in the Forest.



Video 1.mpg ; Short 30 sec clip

The faint resounding melody from the Didgeridoo is still so very fresh in my memory rendezvous.
                        
                                                    Typical Aborginal Art:


 Later during the day we took the cable way from Tjapukai.Whoa! It felt like we were gliding above a Green Leaf-y sea of  World Heritage Rainforests, while enjoying the 7.5 Kms long Sky Rail Tour from Caravonica to Kuranda Village, across Barron Gorge.


Amidst Wallabies, Kangaroes n Koala's....
@ World Heritage Rain Forest, Kuranda


A Dream, a Wish Came True again, when Mom n Me got this opportunity to enjoy some snorkeling / swimming amidst Colourful Fishes. It was amazing to observe the Ocean Beds come alive with the sashaying Coral Reefs @ Great Barrier Reef, Green Island, Cairns.


 One of my Fav shots : En route to Marina Wharf, Cairns



At Melbourne, we witnessed the world’s smallest Penguin’s parade down from the beach at Philip Island. It’s a Natural Wildlife Phenomenon, repeated every day, as these little penguins hobnob back home to their respective Burrows, where chicks await their parents return with feed, at sun down. A major Tourist Attraction... I tell you!


A Penguin Burrow .....
 ......There were thousand n thousands of them,
all over the Cliff at Philip Island, Melbourne


Another of my Fav shot: Philip Island, Melbourne



We even visited Sovereign Hill, Ballarat, which is a quaint little township, reminiscent of Australia’s Gold Rush Days. An altogether different Experience, where we visited a Gold Mine, witnessed Gold Digging, Gold Panning, Street theater, Replica of a Chinese Temple, and more....


There, we even enjoyed a memorable Carriage Ride, drawn by Scottish Horses.


  Moi @ Sovereign Hill, Ballarat
/ Federation Square, Melbourne


AHAH! It’s been a once in a life time experience for me and under no circumstances, can I do justice to EXOTIC AUSTRALIA via a single blog.

I will probably elaborate more…. in my subsequent blogs, as and when the thought, the fondest of memories, come flooding back to me.... in inspiring flashes.

Till then…. I thought I will make do with a mere mention of the places we visited and a long pictorial, highlighting n sharing some of the Exotic Splendours, I immensely enjoyed capturing through my lens.

Hmmm......

Here's hoping you enjoy this Virtual Journey with  me via my blog 'EVERGREEN TREE'

Cheers!
Radhika

PS: Most importantly, I need to Thank the Trip Planners - Dad, my Bro n My Family, for making it all possible :)

8 comments:

Autumn Belle said...

Radhika, your photos are splendid. Australia is indeed a very beautiful place. Now I am seeing boomerangs and kangaroos and I can even hear solf melodious tunes of Waltzing Matilda ... Did you see a Kookaburra laugh?

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Autumn Belle,

Thx a ton. I had a great time trying my hand with the Boomerang. Was fun.

We did catch a glimpse of the aviary show at the Taronga Zoo, however I don't remember having heard them mention about the the Kookaburra laugh. Its possible we might have missed it...:( I just checked out the net and enjoyed seeing a video of the same on youtube. Very nice! Thx for mentioning. Cheers! Radhika

Carol said...

Radhika your sharing is delightful... a piece of heaven. Great photos and so glad you had such a wonderful trip. I particularly love the aboriginal art. Carol

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Carol,

I am glad you found it delightful :) I was quite taken in with the simplicity of these Aboriginal Paintings. Most are theme based and in neutral colours.... very captivating indeed!
Thx for the comment n Visit. Cheers!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Radhika, what a fantastic post! Australia is a very special place, and you showed it well with your pictures. How lucky you were to visit it! Thank you for telling us about your trip! Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010!

Andrea said...

Hi Radhika, i just saw your link from Autumn Belle and i am lucky to visit your blogsite as i already missed Australia a lot. I've been there a long time ago, your pictures remind me of so much in my long term memory especially of Sydney. Actually, i saw first your link as from San Pablo, so i thought you are also from the Philippines, then your name is Indian. I wonder if you are a Filipina living in India and visited Australia. Whatever it is, i love your photos and your blog. thank you.

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Tatyana, Am glad you found pictures and my description of Australia fantastic. Its been a pleasure to pen and share my experience here @ Evergreen Tree. You are rt, we were indeed Lucky to have visited my cousins there and in retrospect even go sight seeing around the country a wee bit :)

Thx for the comment and your wishes. Merry Christmas n A very Happy 2010 to you too!

Cheers!
Radhika

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Andrea,

Autumn Belle is one of my Fav bloggers here and very encouraging. I am glad you came visitin my blog and your appreciative words. Thx a ton n a Happy 2010 ahead...

Actually...I am an Indian, but had gone visiting my maternal first cousins living in Australia.

Whatever it is....I am an ardent plant lover like yourself and its great to be connected n sharing the same interests n platform here @ blogger n Blotanical, across continents.