LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday 27 November, 2009

To REAP Where One Has Not Sown….


This ‘Jack Fruit’ photograph has been clicked by me sometime in June when I had visited Nawabgunj with Dad. I was in awe, just to see soooooooooooooo many full blown Jackfruits growing… huddled together on a single branch.

This tree and scores of other trees, including different varieties of Mango trees, growing in this Orchard have been planted by  my grandfather and my father, the fruits of which.... we, our family,  our friends, & the local villagers @ Nawabgunj have been enjoying year after year......

Whoa! Felt good just to capture the moment and the memory in the snap and relive it again, while I share it here on my blog today.



“I believe that we have all at some time eaten the fruit from trees that we did not plant. In the fullness of time, when it is our turn to give, we must in turn plant gardens that we may never eat the fruit of, which will benefit the generations to come. I believe this is our sacred responsibility, one that I hope you will shoulder in time…..”

- N.R. Narayana Murthy, in his book: ‘A Better India…..A Better World’

Courtesy: – Nichin Bonsai, 01 | 2009


Happy Thanksgiving Day!


7 comments:

Green thumb said...

I had enjoyed the Jack-fruits of someone else's labor when my husband was posted in Railways in Pune. There was this big jack fruit tree and I also, for the first time, saw those humongous fruits laden on a tree.
I did contribute my bit to the greenery by planting several trees.

easygardener said...

The fruits look huge. They are a new one on me. I don't think I have seen one for real - they would be hard to miss!

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Green Thumb,
Thats terrific....I am glad you do your bit :):) Its nice to see people making an effort to plant trees. We have two jackfruit trees growing in our own backyard, planted by my grandfather, while we all get to enjoy its fruits, even after so many years. It feels good. :) I try to do my bit too as and when possible. Cheers! Radhika

Ever Green Tree said...

Hey Easy gardener... You are right... these fruits are hard to miss. They are delicious as vegetables or Kebabs or even when eaten with rice as.... Biryani. I love them.

Sunita Mohan said...

I love that quote!
I wish my jackfruit tree would decide to fruit sometime. Its been almost 10 years since I planted it but it's decided to remain barren in spite of having all the culture requirements.I'm told that some trees do this. How aggravating!

Carol said...

Your words and choice of quote are moving ... it must be amazing to see an orchard as you describe in photos and words! What incredible fruit. Carol

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Carol,

It's our own family orchard, so I have practically grown up visiting it and marveling at Nature's fruiting wonders ever since I was a child. Have grown to love n appreciate it even more with the passage of time :)

Thx a ton for your praising words!