LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday 15 April, 2010

Saying it with Plants

Special Occasions call for a special Gift…. 
... Gift of a Plant

One could always SAY IT WITH FLOWERS only, but for a change I thought I would say it with FLOWERS and make it extra special by saying it with a PLANT as well.


So, last weekend, I indulged myself a wee bit and got creative to ‘Gift a Plant’.

Here’s the material that I used:-

  • A teeny-tiny Juniper, that I had picked up while on a Nursery visit recently;
  • A shallow tray used for Miniature Landscaping, which I had picked up from my Bonsai Guru Mrs Santosh Arora, also President Avadh Bonsai Association, Lko;
  • A piece of driftwood, lying unused in the store room, since the last few years;
  • Wire mesh, n thin Aluminum wires to tie the driftwood and the plant together.
  • Bonsai Medium Soil, Peat Moss n Sphagnum Moss
  • Pot-pourri of  “GIFT A PLANT’ thoughts, idea’s, creative endeavor n effort et al
 ……and finally putting them all together to create ....‘NATURE IN MINIATURE’


This virtual ‘GIFT of a PLANT’ is for each and every blogger visiting EVERGREEN TREE.

Personally, I love Flowers and all kinds of Flowers from the Daffodils to the Daisy’s, Carnations, Gerbera, Roses, Birds of Paradise, Lilies, Anthuriums, Jasmines, Marigolds, Dahlia’s, Bottlebrush, Pansies, Portulaca, Chrysanthemums, Ixora’s,  Crype Myrtel, Amalthas, Gulmohar, Bougainvillea, Poppies, Adenium, Salvia’s, Ageratum’s, Heliconia, Bilbergia’s, Frangipani, Peony, Hibiscus…..

I have been saying it…. ever too often, with ONLY FLOWERS, so just this once, I thought, I would  do something DIFFERENT and convey my fondest n heartfelt wishes with a Plant!
Hope each one of you here like your e-Gift of a Plant.

Nature in Miniature - Juniper

PS: To add a special GREEN Zing to one corner of the verandah, I have placed this NATURE IN MINIATURE on an earthen stool, right at the entrance of the house.

The real ‘Gift of a Plant’ is for my Mother, on her Birthday today. 


Happy Birthday!



Hope she likes the flowers, the plant and yes, these two Utterly Butterly delicious cakes as well.

8 comments:

Autumn Belle said...

Thank you for the e-gift. It is lovely. My 'Happy Birthday' wishes to your mum.

Anonymous said...

Dear Radhika, How wonderfully creative and imaginative you are. I should never be able to create anything nearly as lovely as your 'Nature in Miniature' arrangements. They are charming.

I love the idea that we, your readers, have received bouquets of virtual flowers and the real thing is reserved for your mother who is obviously a very special person in your life. My best wishes are sent to her for a very Happy Birthday.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

What a lovely idea.

Unknown said...

Thank you, I loved my e-gift! I am sure your mother will love the real one, too.

Ever Green Tree said...

Dear Autumn Belle, Edith, Keewee, Shailja...Thank you all for joining me to wish mom on her b-day. I appreciate it. I am glad you liked your e-gifts. Its a pleasure.
Cheers! Radhika

Unknown said...

You are very creative. You manage to combine your art with beautiful nature.
Love your blog and your beautiful posts.
Thank you for the visit.
Costas

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Dare to be different ~ great idea "Saying it with Plants". tQ for your e-Gift of a Plant, lovely. Namaste

Autumn Belle said...

Radhika, my Wordless Wednesday post today about the graceful Australian Willow is dedicated to you.