LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday 13 June, 2010

In Memory of Uncle J

My grandfather's first cousin, who is no longer amidst us today. He had been battling cancer for the last few years and finally succumbed to the dreaded disease last Sunday. A renowned floriculturist, a successful nursery owner, an ardent plant lover who had gifted me this plant (Bilbergia fantasia) on one of my visits to his farm a few years back. He will be missed by me and all the bereaved family members he left behind.

In Memory of our 'Trail Blazer' Uncle J

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.
~Dale Evans

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Radhika, I am so very sorry to learn of the death of your relative. However, I am so pleased that you have a plant by which to remember him. He will most certainly not be forgotten.

debsgarden said...

I am sorry that you have lost your uncle. May you find comfort in his beautiful plant, which will carry special memories for you.

Autumn Belle said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. This is a touching tribute to a wonderful gentleman. With the lovely plant that he had left behind, may the fond memories remain.

Sunita Mohan said...

So sorry to read about your loss, Radhika. But it looks like your uncle definitely made the Earth a much prettier place. That bloom looks so exotic!

Kimberly said...

Radhika, I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your loss. I love his bloom!