LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday 28 August, 2009

Tamarind Tree

Every time I water this teeny-tiny Tamarind Tree it reminds me of my childhood days. As children we often spent our free afternoons, playing in our backyard, under the shade of THE TAMARIND TREE, collecting the fallen green and then later the ripe brown pods of IMLI (Tamarind). Decades later, the taste of that Khaati Meethi Imli is still so fresh in my palate, even today.

Now, I have had this Miniature version of a Tamarind Tree in Cascading style, Mame Bonsai, for a little over five years now.

Here’s a picture of the Tree as in Aug, 2005.

It’s been growing quite vigorously, this monsoon season and needed some pruning n shaping….so that the impressive curve in the trunk line is made visible again. While I indulged myself, I kept the Camera handy to take some before & after Pruning Pictures of the Plant and share the same here on EVERGREEN TREE.

Here are some before n after Pruning Pictures as in Aug, 2009



The plant looks good to me from both the front and the back, leaving me with a dilemma....

I just can’t decide which LOOK I like best.
i.e. which is the Front and which is the Back of this particular Tamarind Tree?
Hmmmm…..

PS: An important quality of any good Bonsai is that it should look presentable from either sides...ie both the front & the back. At the very onset, it is imperative for a Bonsai Artist to decide on the Front and the Back, keeping in mind, select Bonsai rules, the plant qualities and its natural flow, curve n bent et al.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a lovely blog - I'm so glad I found you!

Sunita Mohan said...

Thats lovely! The tamarind tree is one of our prettiest trees, isn't it? Did you wire it to get that curve in the trunk?

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Charlotte,

Ditto... I'm so glad you liked my n glad still to have found you!

Cheers!
Radhika

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Sunita,

Sure it is! To answer your Question, Yes I did wire it to style it into a semi - cascading mame Bonsai. It looked liked a circular coil aka a JALEBI, when I had bought it at a local Nursery here in Lucknow.

Cheers!
Radhika

Urban Green said...

Hi Radhika,

You got really nice bonsais...and the posts are very different from the rest. I'm here to learn a lot..
thanks for posting..
http://theurbanbalcony.blogspot.com/

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Urban Green,

Its a pleasure to learn n live mutually and appreciate the little Green things we have all around us.

Its the one thing we share in common... Love for the GREENs. Kudos!