LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday 5 February, 2010

Tootie-Fruity

Yesterday, the moment I spotted this cute little two-legged carrot, I just couldn’t resist getting creative, so  I assembled this spook-y Scare Crow…Opps…lemon-y Carrot Man, with some more carrot slices, toothpicks, lemon n a dash of cloves and went click-click for my blog.



Well....after being out on a Veggie Trail in my previous blog, I thought, for today, it will be great if this Carrot Man could greet us, while we take a quick Peep-a-Boo at some of the tootie-fruity Trees growing around in our yard, as well.

So here we start.... with Tang-y Lemons!
The Lemon’s on the Lemon Tree....


The Lemon Tree n Guava Tree Jostle for space....


Twin Guava's on the Guava Tree

Which Fruit is this.... Any Guess?

Custard Apple Tree growing amidst the greens....

..Bears some Deliciously Edible Sitaphel / Custard Apples

The Jackfruit trees on the left n right side.....
 ......flank the two Mango trees  in the middle.

The beauty lies in the fact that....
..... all four trees together form a single Umbrella Canopy.

I love the way they thrive in this state of perfect harmony!

These teeny-tiny Jackfruits look quite promising, up close.

 Mango Trees are begining to Flower...

Like they say... Aam ke Baur aa gaye hai!

Last but not the least...
These banana's appear to be developing  well too...
 lookin scrumptious, ready to eat, just the way they are!
:):)

11 comments:

Autumn Belle said...

You had a fruitful day indeed. Now, what's that 'guess what' fruit? At first I thought it looked like guava.

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi, Lolz... Yes, Indeed its been a fruitful day. The fruit is called Bengal Quince... or Bel (in Hindi) here in India. Thx a ton for stopping by.

RURAL said...

You probably have no idea how amazing we find it when other bloggers have fruit trees like you do in the backyard. Only apples, cherries, and maybe peaches around here.

Jen

Unknown said...

So many fruits and plants I'll never get to see here in my part of the world...or even have heard of. Thank you for sharing them with us.

debsgarden said...

You have many beautiful fruits. Although I am not familiar with all of them, I like the way the different trees grow to form a single canopy. And your little carrot creature is very cute!

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi, Jen... yes, we do have quite a mix of fruiting trees growing in our backyard. Some of these trees are over 25 yrs old.=, while some are relatively young. Wow! Apples Cherries n Peaches sound good to me
Well, This part of India is known for its Mangoes, Sugarcane n Banana Plantations too.

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Jodi,
I am glad you found the blog insightful n Thx for stopping by. I will try n elaborate more about the fruits you might not heard of.

Hi debsgarden,
Thx for your lovely comment. Glad you found the carrot creature cute :):)

It will be nice if you n Jodi could tell me as to which fruits you are not familiar with...???? Will try n elaborate on them in my subsequent blog. Its always a pleasure to share n exchange info.

Jan said...

Here I am in Virginia looking at all of these trees you grow and thinking, 'that's amazing'!! I really enjoyed your photos!

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Jan, Its truly amazing to be connected across continents and share :):) Thx for taking the time out to be here, glad you enjoyed the photos.

Chloe m said...

I must say...your blog is full of interesting character today! Love that carrot man. Too cute.

I could only dream of seeing all these tropical beauties in real life.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Rosey

Kimberly said...

Your fruit person made me laugh!! Very nice post!