LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday 22 February, 2010

A Visual Treat

Highlights from this weekends, two day long, annual Flower, Fruit n Vegetable Show, which was hosted at the sprawling Raj Bhawan Lawns, here in the City of Nawabs, Lucknow.



The Wedding Mandap - Up close



Flowers in a Riot of Colours n Varieties...



A look inside the Flower Arrangement Stall -
Lord Ganesha, Peacock, Temple, a Zucchini Boat n more...




Visitors enjoying the display of Fruits n Veggies (above).
 and the beautiful display of Roses (below)




Large sized Dahlia's dazzling n enthralling all


A Bed of Pristine White flowers...

From EverGreen Tree
Some feathery delights in Violets n Blues n Reds

From EverGreen Tree

More Violets n Blues @ lovely round arrangements of Ageratum's

From EverGreen Tree
A beautiful bloom in Red n Gold

From EverGreen Tree

Here's hoping you too enjoy this Visual Treat  in a riot of Colours, along with me....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Radhika, I simply LOVED clicking on the fish to make them jump. In fact, I could still be doing it now, and all day. Great, great fun!

Your tour of the show has brightened a gloomy Monday morning. What an amazing and colourful selection of plants and vegetables. But for me, best of all are those beautiful tents. How I should love to own one for my garden.

I do hope that you have a very happy week.

Ever Green Tree said...

Dear Edith, Those makeshift tents are very easy to put up n dismantle whenever required....we refer to them as 'Shamiana's' here in India. They are quite similar to the green house garden nets .. and sure to add much beauty to any garden space.

I am glad the tour brightened your day. Here's wishing you a promising and cheerful week ahead.

PS: I confess, I too love playing 'JUMP' with the fishes :):)

Victoria said...

Wow..fabulous..looks like a magical flower land!! Wonderful post...!Such beuaty and fun..love the colored tents!
Kiki~

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Whoa! Nice flowers with the contrast of color. Namaste. tQ

CheaHSan said...

Namaste! Love the flowers, colors and your blog feels so green, peaceful & lively.

Stone Art's Blog said...

Wow look at all that colour, gorgous

El Jardin said...

The violets are stunning. The vegetables are a nice addition to the show - we rarely see that in the states.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining my "blog friends".
You have a wonderful blog and the flowers are beautiful.
Greetings from Canada,
Gisela

Anonymous said...

Hello Radhika :) I'm only just discovering your wonderful blog. I would love to visit India one day and this post full of colour and life only made me want to visit more!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Beautiful! My favorite flower here is the last Dahlia.

Meems said...

Hello Radhika,
What a lovely blog you have created. This post was delightful and exotic with so many beautiful colors and flowers. It is interesting to see how this is done in India as well. Have a wonderful and cheery day.
Meems @ HoeandShovel

Carol said...

Oh Radhika! I did enjoy it so much!! What lushness and beauty! The colors are so uplifting to this reader who looks out on a white wonderland. Beautiful post! It must have been wonderful to be there. I love the wedding Mandap ? Whatever they are called ... they are stunning! ;>) Carol